The Invisalign system is still new compared to traditional metal braces. Because of this, many people know less about Invisalign or may not even know someone who has used it before.
You may be wondering “Why Invisalign instead of braces?”
Invisalign offers advantages that metal braces cannot. For instance, because they are fully removable, most people find them to be much more convenient than metal braces.
A mom who has experienced both metal braces and clear aligners shares why Invisalign® treatment worked the best for her 16-year-old son.
Let’s review some advantages of Invisalign over metal braces.
- Lets you enjoy virtually invisible teeth-straightening.
- Allows you to eat whatever foods you enjoy. Braces have several foods, such as apples, which you cannot eat while wearing braces.
- You can remove your aligner whenever you want.
- Allows you to brush and floss your teeth normally for better dental health.
- Consists of smooth, comfortable plastic instead of sharp metal that is more likely to irritate your cheeks and gums.
- Office visits required only every four to six weeks instead of every two with metal braces.
- Invisalign Teen® provides up to six free replacement aligners if lost or broken.
For more information about Invisalign, please check Invisalign Frequently Asked Questions