Invisalign Braces in Plano
Dr Wilhite is certified as a Preferred Provider of Invisalign braces in Plano, Texas.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign braces are custom fitted removable, see-through aligners that are a modern alternative to traditional metal braces. They are virtually invisible and because they are removable, provide several benefits that metal braces cannot.
How does Invisalign work?
The Invisalign system uses a series of aligners made from a thermoplastic material uniquely developed for the Invisalign treatment plan. The series of aligners are custom-made for your mouth to move your teeth in a sequence determined by your dentist. Each aligner will make slight adjustments to each tooth position which gradually shifts them over time from their current position.
After approximately two weeks, you will begin using the next set of aligners, which will continue the teeth straightening process.
Advantages of Invisalign over braces.
- Lets you enjoy virtually invisible teeth-straightening.
- Allows you to eat whatever foods you enjoy.
- Lets you remove your aligner whenever you want.
- Allows you to brush and floss your teeth normally for better dental health.
- Consists of smooth, comfortable plastic instead of sharp metal that is more likely to irritate your cheeks and gums.
- Invisalign Teen® provides up to six free replacement aligners if lost or broken.